On this day, 7/10/11:
- The “Men in Black 3” set along Madison Avenue. Walked right through it. This movie filming shit happens to me on nearly every visit to NYC. I’d like to think it means something. It very likely doesn’t.
- Veggie omelettes at Coffee Shop. I was last here in 2006 for drinks at midnight, when a guy asked if he could give me a free breast exam. Note: Unless you want my knee to meet your junk, this is a terrible, terrible pick-up line.
- A giant pile of barf on 16th between 5th & 6th. I stepped over it and kept moving. Just like old times.
- Pee smell. Pee. Everywhere.
- Cat call whistle from a homeless dude. Am sure he’s a very discerning fellow.
- The Hudson River from LZS’s rooftop pool in the JC (thanks, m’dear).
- Steamed mussels and lobster & truffle gnocchi at this incredible JC establishment.
- Milk chocolate brownie gelato (thanks again, LZS).
- Friends I will forever love: Jules, Mel, LZS, and MKR. Hearts to y’all.